The Briars is a 12 bedroom guest accommodation with stunning views overlooking Paignton green and the bay. The building is arranged over 4 floors with the main entrance on the ground floor. We aim to support our guests with their requirements to the best of our ability and within the practical limitations of our facilities. However due to the layout of the building the accommodation is unsuitable for those with limited mobility.
• You can contact The Briars by telephone, email or in writing. Information is at the end of this statement.
• We can cater for most diets but please let us know prior to arrival.
• We are situated 0.5 miles from the train and bus stations. Taxi ranks are available adjacent to the stations but we offer a pick up and drop off service to the stations.
• Hire of mobility aids are available in the mobility shop next to Victoria Park (0.5 miles) and also in Torquay Road, Paignton (0.75 miles) from The Briars.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• The Briars has a level car park at the front of the building for 6 cars. There is additional parking at the rear for 4 more cars access to this is via Belle Vue Road 6 meters from The Briars and then left into Cleveland Road and the rear car park is just on your left. Although there is no rear access to The Briars from this car park we will bring your cases through for you after you have registered.
• We can assist guests with their luggage.
• Guests are escorted to their rooms and facilities explained. Welcome folders are placed in all bedrooms and provide useful information for guests.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• The front entrance is accessed via 5 tiled steps with anti-slip rubber treads and hand rails either side.
• A bell and intercom are located at the door to summon attention.
• The front door is kept closed at all times and is opened with a key which you will be given along with your room key.
• On entering the front door you enter a small entrance lobby which displays leaflets with tourist information, spare umbrellas and walking sticks for guest use.
• On the inner door there is another bell for summoning attention.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• All hallways, stairs and landings are carpeted with good quality carpet and are well lit and have hand rails.
• Unfortunately we do not have a lift to the upper floors.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• Leading off the hall on the ground floor is the guest lounge which is furnished with different chairs and sofas of various heights to suit all needs.
• There is a TV for guest use and several books on the book case and a selection of board games are located on the TV shelf for guest use.
• There is a toilet 3 steps down from the hall on the ground floor for guest use whilst using the lounge, bar or patio.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• The licenced bar is located via double doors from the lounge and is stocked with alcohol and soft drinks.
• It is furnished with bar stools and comfortable chairs and a sofa.
• The dining room is located on the lower ground floor and access is via the rear of the main entrance hall.
• It is laid up with 10 x 2 seat tables and 1 x 4 seat table providing 26 covers. The tables can be arranged for larger numbers i.e. 6 or 8.
• Cereals, fruit juice and fruit are self service from the buffet table and the cooked breakfast and tea/coffee is served by the waiter/waitress.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• We have 12 bedrooms altogether 1 triples(which can be used as twins) 1 single and 10 doubles. Seven of these have sea views.,
• We have 1 sea view double on the ground floor, one non sea view double down 3 steps from the ground floor and one small non sea view double on the half landing.
• On the first floor we have 1 triple non sea view, 1 single sea view and 2 double sea view.
• On the second floor we have 2 non sea view doubles and 3 sea view doubles.
• All bedrooms have thermostatically controlled radiators for guests comfort. Rooms are fitted with comfortable beds with draw space under, hanging space and draws or shelves for clothes. All rooms are equipped with hairdryers, tea making facilities, tissues, cotton wool balls and buds and cotton pads.
• All rooms are carpeted throughout with quality carpet.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• All rooms have en suite facilities with a shower apart from the single which has a wash basin and toilet en suite with its own private shower on the landing.
• There is one double on the first floor which has a bath instead of a shower.
• Towels are provided as is a selection of toiletries for guest use.
• All en suites are fitted with non slip flooring apart from the single which is at present carpeted.
• Heated Towel rails or radiators are in all en suites.
Grounds and Gardens
• We have a lovely sunny west facing patio which guests can use which is equipped with table and chairs and umbrella.
• Access is via 4 stone steps with hand rails leading off the rear of the main entrance hall.
• Mobile phone reception is generally good.
• We have all fire alarms and lighting checked annually and we do a weekly check off alarms.
• We are a non smoking hotel throughout although we do allow smoking on the patio where an ashtray is provided.
• We will keep medication or food upon request in our fridge in the kitchen is required (not available 24 hours)
Address: The Briars
26 Sands Road
Telephone: 01803 557729
Hours of operation: Open all year apart for the occasional short holiday
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01803557729 or email firstname.lastname@example.org